Saturday, November 9, 2013

Not Enough Time!!!

A few days after Halloween I wake up and think of all the "things" I want to make for Christmas. I have ALL year to craft and a mere 6 weeks before Christmas I get crazy trying to sew, paint or whatever! Pinterest has been the death of me....lots of cool ideas right at your fingertips. Before Pinterestfor years I subscribed to craft and "ladies" magazines and would pour over their pages for hours when they would arrive at the house. The magazines would sit piled on the coffee table for months until their stack height blocked the direct line of the tv remote beam. Sitting with a nice hot cup of coffee and a stapler I would rip out pages and pages of recipes, craft, gardening and decorating ideas. Those ripped out pages would then be piled ( by category of course!) and sit for a few more weeks before being filed in nicely labeled file folders in a file box or file cabinet wherever there was the most space available. Besides designing, painting and working needlepoint I also quilt and knit. I don't crochet but love looking at colorful crochet designs so crafting is a broad umbrella catch phrase for LOTS of things...decoupage, wallpapering, furniture painting, felting, license plate art, old dish art, pottery...I've tried it all...there aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week to try everything. I love doing chalkboard signs and decorating old broken window glass panes, and have helped several of my daughter's friends with crafty things for their weddings. I LOVE designing fun wedding maps for brides to include with save the date or wedding invitations.
my daughter's wedding was on a lovely dune over looking the ocean this one was fun to draw....

a Fall wedding along the water under a beautiful old tree.....

another wedding near the beach

a country wedding was extra fun to draw with all the little garden and farm accents

No comments:

Post a Comment