Monday, September 10, 2012

Raid the jewelry box!!!!

When I was a little girl I would sit in wonderment at the sparkley pins and earrings my grandmother's would wear. Holidays brought out the best in each of them...gorgeous greens and bright golds, shimmering "diamonds" and pretty white pearls. I have a beautiful Christmas tree pin that I treasure and wear every year at Christmas time. Years ago when each of my grandmas had passed away I offered to take some of their jewels! Well that was YEARS ago and decided to try and up/re -cycle some of them....if you go to tag sales or yard sales keep your eyes peeled for these old beauties.....ask rellies if they have any they would like to get rid of....you can so do much with them....just removing the backings and gluing a magnet on can produce a pretty magnet for the kitchen or your daughter's room!








Remeber the enamel pins were all wore in high back in the 50's and 60's? Here's my treasured butterfly. My daughter played softball and I have about 100 softball pins which would look so cute glued onto a bangle bracelet....hummmmm Christmas is coming!

Old bracelets and rings that do'nt mean anything to anyone but me and now I can wear them all at once!

You can make the same bracelet using either a new cuff or an old one from your jewelry stash. Make sure it's clean and dust free. Take a wire cutter and carefully snip off all the findings (earring backs, ring base, brooch pins, anything that made the old jewelry useful!) I use 6000e glue...have to be careful not to get itonyour skin but it holds jewelry things together better... a hot glue gun doesn't work here...you could use 527 beading glue also...just hold the pieces in  place so they can dry. I kinda laid things out on the cuff before gluing and then set everything aside and glued things on the cuff one at a time and adjusting as I went along...once these glues dry it's not easy to remove and adjust so make your mind up and press head!
I combined silver look and gold look pieces. There are some copper looking pieces as well and it all looks wonderful together!

No comments:

Post a Comment