Friday, October 18, 2013

Getting ready for Christmas

I have made custom novelty Christmas stockings for my family for the last thirty-eight years. My sister, mom, aunt and I owned a needlepoint shop in Spring Lake NJ  for a couple of years ..... I learned a lot , painted and designed a lot and wish now I still had the shop ! Oh well, now I just design, paint and stitch when a special person comes into our family. When my daughter married her love he waited patiently for his ... Here it is ..... You can see what his interests and accomplishments are!!!!! The backing is a bright orange camp and it is lined in a plaid homespun .... I'll take better pix later. The next picture is the painted canvas for my new six month old granddaughter!!!!!! Have to get great Aunt Chris to stitch with me she's in charge of all the figures.... I do the back ground,embellishments  and blocking and sewing it all into a stocking...... Got some great small wale corduroy in white and hot pink chevron !!! Check back in two months to see the finished project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment